It’s day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas challenge, and we have a delicious treat for you! If you missed the first 7 days, it’s not too late to join us in committing to one thoughtful health change per day for the next 5 days. We’re sure you’ll notice a difference in the way you feel just by implementing these simple changes.
Day 8 Challenge: Try this Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipe!
Quinoa in a cookie? Who knew?
(We did, which is why we’re sharing this recipe with you!)
Did we mention this quinoa gingersnap cookie recipe is vegan and gluten-free? You’re welcome. 🙂
Quinoa Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup crystalized ginger, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup coconut oil, in a liquid state
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter
- 1 cup packed coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup cane sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk flaxseed with water in a small bowl to make flaxseed egg. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (quinoa flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and sea salt). Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend coconut sugar, butter and coconut oil until creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in molasses and flaxseed egg until combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until incorporated. Add in crystalized ginger pieces and give it one last mix.
- Using hands, roll dough into ¾-1 inch balls. Place sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each ball of dough in the sugar to coat.
- Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until dark golden brown and puffy, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Remove from oven and use the back of a fork to press gently in the center of each cookie to make more of a flattened cookie shape.
- Let them cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
If you missed yesterday’s challenge, you can grab it here.
Be a good friend this holiday season. Click the buttons below to share this quinoa gingersnap cookie recipe with your followers on social media.