A Need for Change
There is something drastically wrong in our healthcare system when our country consumes the most prescribed drugs yet the third leading cause of death is medication. Not only are we consuming most of the medication, but also opioids specifically are at an all time high. Simultaneously, we are also cutting out organs, removing pieces of our spine, and consuming chemicals every single day.
The two options we have will determine the course of our life. The most popular one being used is the medical paradigm, while the other holistic approach is the vitalistic paradigm. We have been convinced as a society to automatically side and trust the medical paradigm. The medical paradigm says your body is weak, unintelligent, and needs doctors and medications to function properly. Prevention is a medical tool that only blocks your body’s ability to adapt and, over time, makes you sick. If you cannot adapt, your body is not healthy. Another issue is that it does not line up with science, physiology, or the philosophy that our body is powerfully and wonderfully made. The main concept of the vitalistic paradigm says our body is powerful and can regulate itself without interference. God created a complex system that works together with the ability to heal and restore.
Overload of Stress
Stress causes interference to the body whether it is physical, emotional, or chemical stress. How resilient we equip our body to be determines the outcome of interacting with these types of stress. For example, if you work out and are recovering the following day, you are allowing your body to become more resilient. The first way to increase resilience and health is to eliminate unnecessary stress such as chemical stressors. This include medications, which only block your body’s ability to heal, adapt, and restore itself as it was created to. Knowing which paradigm you choose will miraculously define the health for your life. You have to ask yourself, “which will it be?”
The Medical Paradigm
1. Your body is weak, unintelligent, and needs medicine to be healthy.
2. Healing comes from the outside in.
3. The Germ Theory stating that viruses and bacteria are the cause of sickness.
4. You can take a medication every daily and be healthy.
5. Your body is separated into systems.
6. A cure is in the form of a pill.
The Vitalistic Paradigm
1. You are powerfully and wonderfully made. Your body is self healing, self regulating, and doesn’t not need help healing.
2. Your body needs no interference.
3. Medications block your body’s ability to adapt and is the opposite of healthy.
4. Epigenetics explain that genes alone do not determine our characteristics.
5. Your body is the sum of its parts. Every part has a role.
6. The cure is inside of you.
If you live in the Matthews/Charlotte area here in North Carolina, or would like a recommendation to other chiropractors in your area, contact us here. We would love to be in contact with you!